Saturday, January 30, 2016

Something to Inspire You, and Something to Annoy You

So here's the thing, everyone has their own opinion as to what makes up a good design and what doesn't. Here's a poster (cause I like poster design a lot) that I think really pulls off its concept well. After having recently seeing the movie and falling in love with it, I found the design to be very fitting to the movie's aesthetic which is a little ironic when you consider the deep shadows used in the movie.
 
The poster itself was designed by John Aslarona and I feel that it captures the isolated feeling that Ridley Scott made so real to the viewer in the movie.

On the other hand, one of my friends showed me this clip the other day and it has rung with me ever since. If you want to know what pure evil looks like, then look no further than this clip on how to annoy a designer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoMFUkYSLWc

No comments:

Post a Comment